Turkey Trot Tips to Eat Your Heart Out
Come by and visit Brannigan Chiropractic Center at our table at Orland Park’s Turkey Trot. We often sponsor the run and have done so for the past many years. It has grown from just a hundred Turkey Trotters to several hundred and sells out every year now. Look for Dr. Brannigan, his children and mascot Rio the running dog on the Trot. The run is the perfect prequel to Turkey, dressing and pumpkin pie over stuffing the American way. A few running tips that Dr. Brannigan employs on his run:
- Wear mud ready shoes because they will get muddy on the two trail areas of the Trot.
- Dress for the weather, but a zip up hoody that can be easily taken off during the Trot is useful as you heat up.
- Warm up with some active stretching after a 10 min warmup in the gym or outside.
- Do not try to run too fast up the hill on the first part of the course.
- Run to the side of the sidewalk when you come out of the woods.
- Make up speed in the area around the baseball field- the field of Orland Park Turkey Trotters usually thins out at that point.
- Now, Drop the hammer on the last straight away for your best time To summarize: Light Warmup, Mud shoes and layers, then watch the speed on mud hill, Finally- Drop the hammer on the last straight a way and earn your Turkey! See you tomorrow at the finish line! Dr. Joe Brannigan